Mail Us

Call Us


Bail Bonds Are What Get You Out of Jail…Period!

Bail bonds are an industry that is very unique to the United States. The whole idea behind the system of bail is to provide a means of release to the arrested and thus incarcerated offender. A system basically that allows said offenders to get back to freedom and in the general public while awaiting trial for the charges they were arrested for.

The challenge comes in understanding how bail bonds work and how you go about finding a bail bondsman who will post bail for them. This should help explain how this system works.


What is a Surety Certificate?

A surety certificate for bail is a written promise from an individual to the court. This promise basically states that the individual will pay the full bail amount should they not abide by any of the conditions outlined in their release agreement.

The condition of paying bail is that if you fail to follow through with the bail conditions, the court may consider you guilty of not following your release conditions, and the court will require bail to be paid in its entirety at that time.


What Was the Original Intention?

The original intention for how bail works was to make sure that the offender showed up to court, on their court date, at the appropriate time. There is a risk posed if you failed to abide by the conditions of your release agreement.

Bail would then be required for the total amount, and you might potentially forfeit all your assets if it is not paid. The incentive is, that even if you could only come up with 10% of the bail bond cost, you could still be released on bail until your court date. This was key and why you see bail typically set at 10%. Then you could pay off the remaining 90% in a set time frame.


How Do Bail Bonds Work?

The surety certificates for bail work hand in hand with what is called a release agreement. This agreement is the document where you state what you are willing to do to stay out of jail.

These conditions include checking in with your Atomic Bail Bondsman every week. Even if you can’t fully pay, you must check-in. Another condition is to notify your bail bond company if you will be out of town for longer than 24 hours.

If you fail to abide by any condition, you are considered “in violation” of your release agreement, and you will likely be placed back in jail until the next court date.


How Are These Bonds Paid?

This is always an important question asked, and it is all scaled on how much it actually costs to get out of jail. The average cost of bail is typically 10% of the total amount. This amount will vary depending on whether or not it’s a misdemeanor or felony. Obviously felony charges are going to be higher amounts to make bail. Another factor to take into consideration is what state you are in.

In some states, bail is more expensive than others. The average price taking all 50 states into account is about 13% of the total bail amount.


Why You Need An Atomic Bail Agent?

In those cases where the accused does not have the money to pay their full bail all at once, they will need a bail bond agent to help them get out of jail. Atomic Bail Bonds of Connecticut works by putting up all the collateral necessary for getting someone out on bail.

This collateral amount is usually equivalent to ten percent of the total bail amount. So, if the bail amount is $10,000, it will cost you an additional $1,000 to get someone out of jail.

At the end of the day, this system has worked pretty well. It is not a perfect system by any means, but it is one that allows people the chance to go free even before ponying up.

So remember that your go-to in Connecticut is Atomic Bail Bonds. Call now @ 860.982.4661 with any questions that you may have, or if you need a surety bond written.